With more people shopping online this year, scammers have more opportunity to target Christmas shoppers.
Avoid scams and protect your information:
- Buy from websites you know and trust or check independent reviews of online stores.
- Be wary of popular products being sold at much lower prices.
- Use secure payment methods.
- Be alert to fake delivery notifications via text or email. Australia Post will never ask you to enter your personal details via a link, or for credit card details or a fee to deliver your packages.
- If you notice any suspicious activity on your accounts, secure your account and report it.