Summer is a great time to go for a drive or take a road trip. Here are some tips to prepare for your trip:
- Have your car tested or serviced by a professional.
- Pack extra water, oil and fuel supplies, a first aid kit, spare tyre, jack and jumper leads.
- Consider sorting out roadside assistance and getting an offline GPS for longer trips.
- Plan your route before you go. Check for alternative routes in case there are any road closures or construction and consider what times are best to drive to avoid traffic.
- Check that child restraints are up-to-date and securely fastened.
- Check your oil and coolant levels, and windscreen washer the day before.