We do this with campaigns targeting specific illegal activities, strategic partnerships with law enforcement agencies and community organisations and collecting information for policing agencies.
For people preferring to avoid contact with police but still want to help keep their community safe by reporting criminal or suspicious activity, contacting Crime Stoppers is the best option.
You can report your information online or call us on 1800 333 000.
Our trained staff will note the information provided and process it so it becomes part of police intelligence data. This information assists police investigations and can lead to charges and arrests.
Your call can be completely anonymous: you don’t have to leave your personal details and calls are not recorded. You could also be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000 if the information your report results in an arrest.
ACT Region Crime Stoppers is responsible for delivering Crime Stoppers programs to the ACT and surrounding NSW region (Queanbeyan and Yass). The program participates in national campaigns and delivers its own to the community to encourage members of the community to report suspicious and criminal behaviour.
See our Campaign page for the latest and previous campaigns.
Crime Stoppers does not:
- Provide legal advice;
- Provide feedback about individual investigations;
- Investigate matters reported to us (the police do this);
- Accept calls from people who are abusive or intoxicated;
- Take reports from members of the public for ‘over-the-counter’ matters normally dealt with at police stations; or
- Dispatch police vehicles to crime scenes.