Avoid being in the situation where you’re trying to remember how many drinks you’ve had and decide how you’ll get home this New Years Eve. You may think you’re feeling okay but that doesn’t mean you’re safe to drive.
Plan ahead to prevent drunk drinking and to keep yourself and others safe:
- Get a ride or take public transport so you won’t be tempted to drive home.
- Organise to stay the night.
- Choose a designated driver. If you don’t think they’re safe to drive, don’t get in the car with them and take their keys.
- If you’re planning to drive, take non-alcoholic or low-alcohol beverages, eat plenty of food and stay hydrated.
- If you’ve gone over your drink limit, or don’t feel right to drive, call a taxi or ride share service or ask someone who hasn’t been drinking for a ride.