As you’re heading out this summer, it’s important to continue following the health directions and being vigilant. We’ve been doing a great job in the ACT so let’s keep it up! Here are some tips for a COVID safe summer:
- When going to parks and other public spaces, try to avoid peak times and maintain 1.5 metres of distance from others.
- If you’re spending a day at the beach, keep a towel length (1.5 metres) between you and other beachgoers.
- Plan ahead for post Christmas sales so you only spend as long as you need to purchase items. Follow store directions, keep a safe distance when queuing, and sanitise before entering stores. Consider purchasing items online where possible.
- Have your New Year’s Eve celebrations outdoors if possible, consider BYO drinks and food, or offer single serve portions and provide hand sanitiser.
- Book ahead for venues and activities, use the Check In CBR app for faster sign in, keep to your allocated booking time and follow health guidelines.
- If you have symptoms, get tested and stay home until you receive your results.