Only 21% of parents think there is a likelihood that online child sexual exploitation can happen to their child. Please help us raise this number and increase awareness of online child sexual exploitation.
The @australianfederalpolice have some useful online-safety tips for parents and carers to keep children safe from online predators:
- Keep your child’s personal information including full name and age private
- Ensure the background of photos or videos doesn’t give away your address or location, (and don’t post your location or ‘check in’)
- Avoid posting photos in school uniform
- Only share images of your children with people you know and trust
- For community accounts, consider having a closed group with approved members and ensure you have strong privacy settings in place.
Online child sexual exploitation can be reported online though https://www.accce.gov.au/report or by calling Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.