Make safety a part of the conversation you have with your children about going back to school. Here are some things to discuss:
- Using designated crossings and looking both ways before crossing the road
- Knowing not to walk or ride behind buses and in other blind spots where drivers can’t see them
- Practicing road safety awareness and safe routes for walking or biking between home and school
- Never talking to strangers and letting you or a teacher know if a stranger has approached them
- Staying safe online and knowing what to do if they’re being bullied or teased over text, instant messages or social media.