Are you hosting a party to celebrate the New Year?
Make sure you are prepared and take precautions:
- Put things away be damaged or may easily be stolen broken like jewellery, mobile phones, cameras, your laptop and other electrical items. If you can pick it up, so can others.
- If your guests are under 18years old, you can’t serve them alcohol. It’s an offence and there are hefty fines.
- Have appropriate lighting, particularly around any dark hidden-away areas
- Remember, you have the right to refuse entry to your property
- Consider supervision/security for the party
- Use one entrance or exit so it’s easier to control who comes in and out
Remember that it is your party and you have the right to set the standard of acceptable behaviour and to see that it is maintained.
You also have the right to ask people to leave.
If required, contact the police on 131 444. In an emergency always contact Triple Zero (000).