|Protecting yourself online is important!
We recommend taking some time to ensure you do the following:
– Install security software and update it regularly.
– Turn on automatic updates so that all your software receives the latest fixes.
– Get a stronger password and change it at least twice a year.
– Stop and think before you click on links or attachments.
– Stop and think before you share any personal or financial information – about yourself, your friends or family.
– Know what your children are doing online. Make sure they know how to stay safe and encourage them to report anything suspicious.
You can report cybercrime to the police through ReportCyber at- https://www.cyber.gov.au/acsc/report