Keep your tools protected by following these tips:
– Engrave or mark your tools for easy identification.
– Lock your vehicle when it’s unattended, even at work sites.
– Where possible, keep tools left in your vehicle out of sight so thieves are not tempted.
– Use hardened steel padlocks. Large, visible locks on toolboxes can be a deterrent.
– If you drive a ute, consider investing in a sturdy, lockable ute toolbox and bolt it to the vehicle’s tray.
– Alarm your toolbox and vehicle.
– Keep an inventory of your tools and photograph them making note of models and serial numbers.