Phishing is a fake message that tries to trick us into providing personal information. Cybercriminals frequently pose as large, well known organisations and send deceptive messages via email, text or social media. Don’t respond!
We’ve seen an increase in fake messages about package deliveries. Here are some tips on how to spot a fake message:
- Are you expecting the message?
- Does the message have a sense of urgency to click on a link or verify details?
- Is the email address the same as what you would usually see?
- Does the message subject relate to the request?
- Is the message addressed to you?
For more information and tips, visit the Australian Cyber Security Centre website – https://www.cyber.gov.au/acsc/