Did you know 75-85% of those aged 65+ have experienced elder abuse including bullying, theft and denial of proper care?
Watch out for signs an elderly neighbour or family member may be suffering from elder abuse:
– Unusual activity: such as more or less visits to the home and signs of anxiety after visitors.
– Neglect: an usually well maintained home now looking rundown.
– Finances: large financial hand-outs, money missing from their home, an elderly person being pressured to make withdrawals.
– Isolation: visitors are not welcome by other family members or carers.
– Verbal: constant loud yelling/swearing.
– Physical: unusual or recurring injuries.
Help is always available. Call police on 131 444 if you are being abused or threatened. Ask police for a free home security assessment.
Call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or visit www.crimestoppersact.com.au to report suspicious activity. Information can be anonymous.